Saturday, July 14, 2012

Better, not Bitter

Following my "Attitude of Gratitude" theme, is the idea of "Better, not Bitter." I've certainly had a lot of things in my life to be bitter about, but that's not what I want to be. And for the most part, I'm not. Honestly, the idea of being bitter all my life over something is horrifying. I'm fairly non-confrontational, and have a number of people that I wouldn't be openly bitter towards, but may harbor some feelings of bitterness towards inwardly. What a waste! I'm letting go of bitter, and working on better. I think that more than just bitter, I find myself being SAD over situations that have occurred. But this is definitely something I'm working on letting go of. What's done is done, and being bitter or sad over those events is useless and prevents me from being able to have the attitude of gratitude over the GOOD things that I have in my life. I'm not going to give those negative things the power to dictate my attitude and state of mine. So goodbye bitterness, hello betterness! (It’s my new word LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment