Tuesday, January 21, 2014

This year....

So I totally copied and pasted the comment I posted on another blog I frequent. But I'm going to put it here, so I don't lose it :)



I'm not huge on resolutions. I think that they are overdone, and as such no one really expects anyone to stick to them anyway, so they are sort of a waste of time. That being said, I *do* have some "plans" for 2014 that I'd like to stick to. I need to come up with a better word than resolution though LOL. I'd like to make 2014 a year of being intentional. I want to be more of an intentional parent, and less of a reactive parent. I'm crazy busy- single momma working two jobs, going to nursing school, homeschooling my three monkeys- and I find myself going through the paces more than anything. This next year, I want to focus on being intentional and PRESENT when I'm physically present with my kids, and not just find us swept away as life goes on. I want to really enjoy the place that we are, while we are in it. Easier said than done!!

I definitely want to jump on the healthier living bandwagon. We've cut fast food out almost completely, and that's a huge change for our busy lifestyle. Next step will be to add some time in our crazy life for exercise.

I want to read through the bible with my boys this year too. I'm really purposing to change our family focus back to God, and not on the craziness that surrounds us. I'm desperately seeking out family devotionals and whatnot for my family, and particularly my teen boys. Any suggestions? We are presently reading through "The Story" with our church, which is a chronological story of the bible.

And just because - I'm going to hope and pray that this is the year God brings a wonderful Godly man into my life, because being a single mom really, really stinks. On the upside, coming through a failed marriage with a non-believing husband made me come to a place where I know what I want in a husband and who I want to be as a partner. So who knows? (And if he has an Australian accent, that would be a huge bonus... I'm a sucker for an accent! LOL)



Sooooo maybe 2014 will be an okay year. It's going to be a crazy busy one, for sure. But I hope it doesn't breeze by so fast that I don't enjoy it while it's here. I don't want to forget my kids at the ages they are now, even though I really really want to skip ahead to the part where I'm done with school, and hopefully married and living somewhere warm year round! Ha. As if ;-P

1 comment: